For the pork
2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pork tenderloins
2 tablespoons dried oregano
4 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salsa
1 fresh pineapple, chopped into small pieces
1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1⁄2 large red onion, chopped
Juice of 2 limes
Cotija cheese, chopped or shredded
1. Combine chiles in adobo, olive oil, oregano, chile powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper in large ziptop bag. Mix well then add pork. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
2. Add entire contents of bag to slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
3. Meanwhile, prepare salsa. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and mix well. Refrigerate while flavors meld and pork cooks.
4. When pork finishes cooking, remove from slow cooker and shred. Return to pot and toss with sauce.
5. Microwave corn tortillas for 1-2 minutes to soften then serve with pork, pineapple salsa, and cotija cheese.
This recipe is from Mommy’s Menu. I’ve always wanted to make pineapple salsa and this seemed like it would be a good vehicle for the experience. The salsa was delicious, the pork was fantastic, and these were a great addition to our taco repertoire.