- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 pound zucchini, coarsely grated or shredded
- Heat oven to 375*F. Brush 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with oil then dust with flour, tap out excess.
- Whisk together oil, milk, and eggs in a small boil. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, parmesan, baking powder, 1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Mix in zucchini, then fold in egg mixture. Batter will be thick like a biscuit dough.
- Transfer batter to pan and press in gently. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 65 to 75 minutes. Cook 15 minutes in pan then turn out loaf onto a rack to cool completely before serving.
This recipe is from Martha Stewart. I ate my slice toasted and spread with butter and I thought it was delicious. The edges were crispy cheesy and I really enjoyed it. This is not your standard zucchini quick bread, it’s definitely got more of a biscuit texture to it.