Coconut Curry Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 12 basil leaves, chopped
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Turn shrimp once during cooking. Remove shrimp to plate.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle curry powder over onion and continue cooking for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and add coconut milk, stirring to combine. Add sugar, salt, lime juice, and cook until simmering gently.
- Add shrimp to sauce, tossing to coat, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Stir in basil and serve.
This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman. I made a double batch so that I could make half with chicken for Art. It was really a delicious and simple curry. And also the first time in my life that I’ve ever cooked shrimp!