Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft goat cheese
- 4-8 slices thick bacon
- Heat oven to 400*F.
- Butterfly chicken by slicing through the middle to open them into two halves, being careful not to cut all the way through the breast.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and salt. Cook until soft, but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add spinach, oregano, and pepper and cook until spinach is wilted. Transfer to medium bowl, add goat cheese, and stir until incorporated.
- Divide spinach mixture between chicken breasts and fold over to enclose filling. Wrap each chicken breast with 1 or 2 strips of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken breasts until lightly browned on each side, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to oven safe disk and bake until thermometer reads 165*F, about 30 to 40 minutes.
This recipe is from Run Fast. Eat Slow. We all thought it was tasty. I actually used 5 chicken breasts because that’s how many were in the pack. I think there probably would have been enough filling for 6 breasts.