Rosemary Garlic Hasselback Zucchini with Bacon
- 4-5 small zucchinis, washed
- 5 ounces thin pancetta slices, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400*F.
- In small bowl combine garlic, rosemary, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place each zucchini between 2 chopsticks and slice into thin slices, using the chopsticks to keep from cutting completely through the zucchini. You want to leave the bottoms of the zucchini intact.
- Carefully distribute the pancetta between the cuts in the zucchini. Place zucchini in baking dish then brush with garlic mixture. Season with pepper and bake, 40-50 minutes, or until crispy on the top.
This recipe is from Paleo Grubs and it was a great way to use zucchini. The pancetta turned out nice and crispy, and the butter mixture had a ton of extra flavor. This would be really great with parmesan cheese as well.