Oven Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad
- 1 1⁄2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Heat oven to 375*F. Add cherry tomatoes, olive oil, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and sugar to 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Toss to combine. Roast until just starting to char, about 40 minutes, tossing occasionally to cook evenly.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer tomatoes along with any any accumulated juices to large bowl. Add mozzarella and basil. Gently toss to combine. Add lemon zest then season with salt and pepper. Toss again and serve.
This recipe is from Serious Eats. It was super tasty, but I love anything with tomatoes and mozzarella. Roasting the tomatoes added a nice layer to the flavors.