Cheesy Zucchini Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium or 2 small zucchini, grated or shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Splash of milk, if needed
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and stir to coat. Toast rice, stirring often, until it begins to turn golden.
- Add chicken broth, bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat, add butter, zucchini, cheddar, and garlic powder. Stir until well incorporated. Cover and let sit 5 minutes. Stir again and add salt and pepper to taste. If rice mixture is too thick, add a splash of milk and stir again.
This recipe is from Buns in My Oven and I don’t remember anything about it. But I love rice, zucchini, and cheese, so I’m sure that’s why I picked it to cook!