Fish Taco Cabbage Bowl
- 4 (6 ounces each) tilapia fillets
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fish rub or seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 medium head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons green tabasco sauce
- salt to taste
- Combine fish rub, cumin, and chile powder in small dish. Rub fish with olive oil then coat with seasoning mix.
- Combine cabbages with green onions in large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl. Add enough dressing to lightly coat cabbage.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook until done, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove fish to bowl and break up meat with a fork.
- Divide cabbage salad between 4 bowls then top with tilapia. Serve extra dressing on the side.
This recipe is from Kayln’s Kitchen. I double the rub ingredients and made some chicken tenders as well, since Art does not eat fish. I thought this was pretty tasty, but ended up with way more cabbage salad than I needed for the amount of chicken and fish we had. I sort of wish I had served this with soft tacos for the guys, that would probably have been a nice addition although it was certainly fine just in salad form!