Simple Baked Halibut with Bacon Herb Butter
- 3-4 pieces halibut, 4-6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices bacon, cut into small pieces and cooked until crisp
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375*F.
- Place halibut on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with olive oil and lemon juice then season with cayenne pepper and salt and pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, mix together butter, bacon, parsley, basil, garlic powder, and salt in small bowl with spoon until well combined.
- Top cooked fish with butter and serve.
I’ve been trawling a lot of Paleo blogs recently since the recipes they have are in line with the way I want to be eating and this was a gem that I found on PaleoOMG. This butter was fantastic and would go with many things - I think we tried some of the leftovers on skirt steak a few days later.