The Browniest Cookies
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Place butter and unsweetened chocolate chips in small bowl. Microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk together sugar, melted chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Then add vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix in cocoa powder and flour until just combined. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop dough onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets, allowing room for the cookies to spread a little. Bake 11-15 minutes or until cookies look almost finished but still a little undercooked. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to rack to cool.
This recipe is from Smitten Kitchen. I made it for a class party and they were extremely appreciated by my classmates. And by me and my family as well! Scrumptious. Like a soft, rich, brownie-cookie hybrid. Fantastically chocolaty. These go well with a nice, cold glass of milk.