1 tablespoon butter
12 ounces mini croissants (I used the cute, little croissant muffins that my store sells.)
1⁄2 cup Nutella spread
2 bananas, sliced into 1⁄4- to 1⁄2-inch disks
1⁄2 cup milk
1⁄2 cup cream or half and half
1⁄4 cup sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1. Butter 9 by 9-inch baking dish.
2. Slice croissants in half and spread with Nutella. Place in baking dish then scatter banana slices over top.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream, sugar, and eggs. Pour half of milk mixture over croissants. Place remaining croissant halves on top then pour in remaining milk mixture. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight, pressing down occasionally to soak croissants.
4. Move oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350*F.
5. Bake until egg is set, about 30 minutes. Allow to rest 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is from Serious Eats. I made is on a whim one day since, by some miracle, I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand. It was really delicious and we all enjoyed the treat! I could see making this with some other sort of fruit as well, perhaps Strawberries? Yum.