- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add chicken to skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- Place cherry tomatoes in food processor and process until still a bit chunky. Pour tomatoes and basil into skillet and stir well. Season with salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
This recipe is from Perchance to Cook and while it was tasty, it was nothing amazing. I’m not sure this is the recipe that would come to mind if I had a few pounds of cherry tomatoes to use up!