- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Combine beef, bread crumbs and milk in large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons ketchup, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and nutmeg, pepper, salt, and onion powder.
- Crack egg in small bowl and beat. Pour egg into meat mixture and mix well with hands until just combined.
- Turn meat mixture onto baking sheet and form into loaf.
- Combine remaining ketchup, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar together in small bowl. Spread evenly over meatloaf.
- Cover meatloaf with aluminum foil and place in oven. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Uncover meatloaf and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and rest, uncovered, 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
This recipe is from The Slow Roasted Italian and it was really scrumptious and flavorful. Art thinks he doesn’t like meatloaf, but every time I make it I prove him wrong.