- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 lemons, halved
- Whisk lemon zest, juice, oregano, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper together in small bowl. Place chicken in large zip-top bag, add marinade, and seal. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning bag halfway through to ensure even coverage.
- Heat grill to medium and lightly oil grates. Remove chicken from marinade, pat dry with paper towels, and place chicken on grill. Cover and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the breasts. An instant read thermometer should register 165*F.
- Remove chicken to plate and cover with foil. Meanwhile, place lemon halves on grill, cut side down, and cook until slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve chicken breasts with lemons.
I picked this recipe to use an abundance of fresh oregano that I’d picked up at the farmers market. Art did the grilling and the chicken was very tasty and moist. The grilled lemons definitely added a nice punch to the recipe. The recipe is from Recipe Girl.