- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 large ripe beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 fresh medium basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Combine shallots, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and sugar in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil to blend. Set vinaigrette aside. (Or blend all ingredients with stick blender.)
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl then toss with vinaigrette.
This recipe is from epicurious.com. It was fairly tasty but I think the shallots were a bit too overpowering. The leftovers haven’t ben too popular so I’m thinking about adding some white beans and fresh mozzarella to them to up the protein for better lunches.