- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 450*F.
- In shallow dish, combine egg whites, cornstarch, and lemon juice
- In a second wide dish, mix together bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Pound chicken breasts to obtain equal thickness for each.
- Coat chicken in egg white mixture, then bread crumb mixture. Place on a plate or serving platter and rest, refrigerated, for 20 minutes.
- Spray 9 by 12-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown chicken on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to baking dish and bake 10 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. An instant read thermometer should read 165*F in the thickest part of the chicken.
This recipe is from Cully’s Kitchen and I don’t remember it at all. But it sure does look and sound tasty!