- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds various summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick (I used zucchini, pattypan, and yellow squash.)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450*F.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add squash, shallot, and garlic to skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is just turning tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add cream and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup panko and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Transfer mixture to shallow 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining panko and parmesan, season with salt and pepper. Bake until top is golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
This recipe is from Martha Stewart and I really enjoyed it! The squash flavors really shone through and all of the other flavors were subtle and very pleasant. I think this would be a nice dish to serve for company. Yum.