- 14 tablespoons butter (yes, almost 2 sticks)
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary, leaves minced
- 1 bulb garlic, cloves peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 large red onions, cut into quarters
- Heat oven to 425*F.
- Place butter, rosemary, garlic, and vinegar in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted and sauce begins to simmer. Cook, stirring often, until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread potatoes and red onions over sheet then pour sauce over vegetables. Toss carefully and transfer to oven.
- Cook 60 minutes, stirring vegetables halfway through cooking time.
This recipe is from Jamie Oliver and it was really fantastic! I tweaked it a little, but it turned out amazingly well. The veggies were nice and caramelized and sweet and delicious.