- 2 cups white rice
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 (15 ounces) can mild green enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350*F and spray 9 by 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions, or pop in rice cooked with appropriate amount of water.
- Place chicken, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, sour cream, salt, pepper, and cumin in large bowl. Stir well to combine. Place cooked rice into baking dish and spread to cover entire dish. Top evenly with beans. Pour chicken mixture evenly over beans then top with cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and rice is hot.
This recipe is from Picky Palate. I don’t remember it at all, but it definitely looks like it should have been tasty. I’m sure I used a Rick Bayless sauce for the enchilada sauce, since those pouches of sauce are fantastic.