1. Duck breasts w/ Red Pepper Risotto w/ peach cobbler (from mix)
2. Grilled Sweet and Saucy Salmon (chicken for Art) w/ Spaghetti Squash with Lemon and Capers w/ salad
3. Swiss Chicken Cutlets w/ Roasted Potatoes with Pesto
4. Spanish Spiced Rubbed Chicken with Mustard-Green Onion Sauce w/ Sautéed green (wax) beans
5. Nacho Beef Skillet
6. Crunchy Baked Pork Chops w/ Funeral Potatoes
7. Chicken Vesuvio
Last week didn’t quite happen as planned. I seem to be coming down with a cold so we ended up having Panera for dinner on Wednesday since they’ve got the best French Onion Soup and that felt good on my throat. On Saturday we went to BRABO to celebrate all there is to celebrate in August. The result is that two meals planned for last week (2 and 3) carried over to this week.
There aren’t many things to take into consideration this week aside from the CSA box. I did need to plan two easy meals – one for Aikido night when I haven’t got much energy for cooking and the other for Saturday. I’ve got a lot of cooking to do on Saturday to prepare for Game Day on Sunday and I’ll also be spending the day at the Renaissance Faire. Those two meals are 5 and 7.
Recipe inspiration for the week came from Cook’s Illustrated’s 2008 Annual. Recipes from that book are featured in meals 4 and 6.
I’m hoping this week will prove to be a relatively easy one in food since I’m a bit overwhelmed thinking about all the cooking I plan to do for Game Day!