3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Freshly ground black pepper
6 slices bacon, cut into pieces
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1/4 cup sugar or honey
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Season the chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel lined plate.
3. Cook chicken about 4-5 minutes per side or until nicely browned. You can do this on your grill or in the skillet you used for the bacon.
4. Heat oven to 350*F and spray 12 by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
5. Mix mustards, sugar or honey, and onion powder together in a small bowl until combined. Place chicken in baking dish and brush with half of mustard mixture. Turn the breasts over and brush with remaining mustard mixture. Top chicken with mushrooms, bacon, and cheese.
6. Cover baking dish with foil and bake 30 to 45 minutes. Chicken is done when it reaches 165-170*F and cheese has melted.
This recipe is from Little B Cooks. It’s an Outback copycat recipe. I used to order this dish whenever I went to Outback, but now it’s a pass due to the honey that the dish includes. It was nice to revisit an old favorite with my own ingredients in my own kitchen! This is a super flavorful dish and I love the way all the mustards combine.