- 3 pounds japanese eggplant, sliced in half and scored in a cross hatch pattern
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the tahini sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place eggplant halves on cutting board with cut side up and sprinkle with salt. Let sit 20 to 60 minutes and prep your grill.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce by placing all sauce ingredients in immersion blender cup or mini chopper. Process until smooth.
- Brush eggplant with oil and place eggplant cut-side down on grill. Press eggplant to grate and grill until well browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Flip eggplant and grill until cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes more. Brush with remaining olive oil then serve with tahini sauce.
This recipe is from Simply Recipes and it was simply great! I actually bought more eggplant the next week just to use up the remaining sauce. The eggplant gets so creamy and awesome when cooked this way. Yum.