1. Crispy Chickpeas with Ground Beef w/ Cilantro Adobo Rice
2. Leftover Night (voice/choir)
3. Cottage Pie
4. Indian Sloppy Joes (Kheema Pav)
5. BBQ Chicken Cornbread Pie (using cornbread with corn and basic BBQ sauce)
6. Prime Rib Roast w/ Truffle Oil Macaroni and Cheese
7. Slow Cooker Al Pastor Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Writing 2013 seems pretty weird but, here it is, the first meal plan of the new year. My main goal these days is to deplete as much of the ground beef in the freezer as possible before our imminent cow delivery. I made a pretty good dent in it last week with all of the appetizers that used it, but I’ve still got around 20 pounds to get through. Eek. This week should use up a few more pounds. I hope.
I spent a lot of time blogging last week and managed to post all of the recipes that I had pictures for. Now I’m working on the somewhat sad task of posting the recipes that don’t have pictures. It’s upsetting because I get annoyed at myself for not having pictures to go along with the food I made! It’s much easier to remember to take food pictures when it’s just the three of us eating, when I have company over, the thought of photography completely leaves my head.
That said, I did manage to make 22 blog posts last week and I’m hoping to keep up the momentum this coming week. I’ve still got at least 13 recipes to post and 8 restaurant reviews. I will get there eventually!
(The pumpkin bread is a gift for my awesome nail and hair stylists.)