1. Wine-Braised Chuck Roast with Onions w/ Roasted Potatoes w/ Greek Cherry Tomato Salad (and chickpeas)
2. voice/choir – Cheesy Ravioli Bake Leftover Night!
3. choir – Bacon Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
4. Eggo Monte Cristo Sandwiches
5. choir – Ham and Cheese Crescent Bake
6. Alice Springs Chicken w/ Aussie Cheese Fries
7. Garlic and Chicken Soup w/ Pull Apart Butter Herb Bread
I have a feeling I’m going to get tired of saying life is busy over the next few weeks, so I’ll just say that I’m June will be a relief and leave it at that.
Foodwise, I’m trying to make a dent in freezer meats so that we can order a pig at some point. I’ll be using a chuck roast and a whole bunch of ground beef this week. Lifewise, we’ve got a lot of casserole-type stuff this week due to all of my choir commitments.
Blogwise, I haven’t had a whole lot of computer time recently and Art is in the process of another update to the backend of the blog. Once he gets that done, I’ll be able to update a bit more often, and I hope to get back to regular updates in June when life settles down.
One of the major changes to meal planning when life gets busy is that I have to actually plan each day’s dinners instead of just planning 7 dinners that I can make on whatever day I choose. I’m glad that I don’t have to do this for every meal plan every week, but it’s okay once in a while. I’m also working harder to ensure that meals generate leftovers aplenty. Art is working out of the house on a consistent basis so I need to keep him in lunches and Lance is training for a half-marathon so eating everything in sight.
These are all new recipes except for the tomato salad in meal 1 and I hope they’re all delicious even though I know I’ll get mocked for meal 4 :D