1 tablespoon olive oil
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup green salsa
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
2 teaspoons green onions, sliced
4 ounces pepperjack cheese, chopped or shredded
12 taco size flour tortillas
1. Heat oil in large skillet and cook chicken 5-10 minutes a side, or until cooked through. Remove from skillet, allow to cool, and chop or shred.
2. Heat oven to 425*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Place cream cheese in microwave safe bowl and cook for 20-30 seconds, or until soft and easy to stir. Add salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Add cilantro, green onion, chicken, and pepperjack cheese. Stir until well combined.
4. Working one tortilla at a time, place 1/4 cup chicken mixture on the lower third of tortilla then roll as tight as you can. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Repeat process with all remaining tortillas and filling, leaving space between taquitos. Spray tops lightly with cooking spray.
5. Place sheet in oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until crisp and turning golden brown.
This recipe is from the blog The Girl Who Ate Everything. I bookmarked it a while back and just recently decided to give them a try. We were all thrilled with the results. I used some Salsa Verde from my parents’ local market and the flavor was fantastic. I was especially happy that these were baked instead of fried as the taquitos in restaurants usually are.
Shown here with Pico de Gallo.