- 3 large red bell peppers, or 6-8 small ones, cut into quarters with seeds and stems removed
- 1 pound ground chicken, turkey, or beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 12 ounces salsa
- 3 tablespoons mexican cheese blend
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Spread pepper pieces in 9 by 12-inch baking dish and bake 15 minutes or until peppers are starting to brown and soften.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook chicken until browned. Add spices and corn and continue cooking until corn is hot. Stir in salsa.
- Spread meat mixture over peppers then top with cheese. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
This recipe is from The Gracious Pantry. I’ve been getting really small sweet bell peppers from the farmers market so they’re not really stuffable but they work really well spread out in a baking dish and topped with delicious things.