Prepared pie crust (I like Pillsbury.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, sliced into half moons
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 pound bacon, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 3/4 cup half and half, or mixture of milk and cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Spread pie crust into pie plate and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Heat oven to 350*F and bake pie shell for 15 minutes. Remove pie plate from oven and reduce heat to 325*F.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally. When onions are soft and translucent, about 5 to 10 minutes, add vinegar and cook 1 to 2 more minutes. Remove onion from pan and set aside.
3. Increase heat to medium and add bacon to pan and fry until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate to drain.
4. Spread onion, bacon, and chedder cheese over pastry in pie plate.
5. Combine eggs, half and half, salt and pepper in small bowl and mix well. Pour mixture gently into pie plate.
6. Transfer pie plate to oven and cook for 45 minutes or until golden brown and set. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 to 20 minute before cutting.
This recipe is from Food Equals Happy Me. I enjoy trying out new combinations of quiche and this one did not disappoint. We all enjoyed it!